Sunday, December 1, 2013

This weekend was a crazy one. I was so looking forward to this long weekend, because I picked up extra hours at my personal assistant position, since I haven't been working the other one anymore. He's great but I was feeling DONE by the end of the week. Wednesday night was really the beginning of the weekend and we started it off with a foam party (+). It was wild. At one point some strung out dude thought it would be funny to push me, but I fell right to the ground. Just because the foam was all fluffy, didn't make the ground any softer. I  did the first thing I thought made sense in that situation; I sprang up and tackled him crack to the floor as hard as I could. Hit my hip and did some damage. He got up a lot slower than I did, so the operation was successful.
Thursday, dragging a little bit, Happy Thanksgiving! Went to my bosses house early and did a ton of cooking with him. We made all of the traditional foods. The party was a blast. All of the guests brought all kinds of food from Japanese mochi rice stuffing to cookie dough cheese cake bars. Let me say that again, COOKIE DOUGH CHEESE CAKE BARS. It was a jolly merry drunky time!
Then these past two days shit went down. Like bad shit to people very close to me here. And a close friend and teammate on the UH football team of my roommate died last night. He drowned at Sandy's.. My really close friend got attacked and attempted to rape her. She got away, thank God, with a black eye and bruised ribs. It was a lot.

I just really want to have a relaxed meditative day tomorrow and process everything. I'm really thankful for everything I have here and how I've been able to make everything work. I feel safe and blessed. It's so hard to deal with tragic situations that occur so close to us but do not impact us directly. There's a certain sense of powerlessness in all of it that gives me the urge to be a positive influence.

No comments:

Post a Comment